Well, it has been a busy weekend. We’ve been pondering finances and purchasing a caravan or motor home. On Saturday we visited a couple of places with motor homes, tourers and statics. Tiger and Ot were in heaven, really they were I’m not fibbing! I couldn’t believe how much they loved it. Tiger especially favoured the huge American motor homes (he said they were coaches and to be honest he wasn’t wrong…humongous!). Ot really liked the statics and trying to climb down into the driving bit of the motor homes and play with the pedals!On Sunday we headed out to look at some trailer tents, tents and some tourers. Which was again great fun!
We have come to the decision that:
1. Neither of us want a motor home…Tiger does tho. Mainly because getting one big enough for the 4 of us plus the 1 more we hopefully will have at some point would cost as much as a cheap house! Plus the lack of a car if I used it on my own would be a bit limiting…yes I know we could walk but some places aren’t walkable to, especially lots of the national trust places….
2. I’m not really struck on trailer tents, I saw one I liked but I actually preferred a tent.
3. Richard didn’t like tents, Tiger and Ot did, especially to race madly in and out of!
4. We all liked the 6 berth tourers with fixed bunks and statics. Statics don’t offer flexibility of going to different places, I wouldn’t feel happy towing a tourer so it would be a real rush to try and take advantages of weekends away which is one of the things we loved about having a static…..
5. We are really considering self build again as an option for us which means saving and not buying!!!!
So we arrived at no decisions, have got even more questions but it was great fun
playing seriously inspecting the various stuff!
We really need to find out more about self build, especially the financial side of it all, real costs, budgets, what to allocate, what kind of house we could afford to build as opposed to what we would like…all that coupled with the fact we are DIY cretins so would have to hire people to do the building for us…so would it actually save us money/enable us to build a better house than we could buy?
Otherwise at the weekend we played in the garden, watched some Scooby videos, ate naughty food and put on weight, read books, went to the park and the library!